Wednesday, December 25, 2019

The meaning of the phrase "to have Helen all to herself"



Annie wanted to have Helen all to herself so that she could do anything with her.



Note: In this context, Annie (full name, Annie Sullivan) is the teacher of Helen (full name, Helen Keller).



What is the meaning of "to have Helen all to herself", and is the clause "she could do anything with her" correctly used in the sentence? The sentence above is the answer to the question " Why did Annie want to have Helen all to herself?" The question was created from the passage " The next day, I told Helen's father, " I can't do anything with Helen unless I have her all to myself. I want her to depend on me for her food, her clothes,everything. ....."




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...