Saturday, December 21, 2019

python - Alternative to pyGame?




i'm learning something about game programming from a book about "pyGame". pyGame is simple, but... python is a little complex and different from my previous knoweledge about programming.


I know "classical" language: C# (also C/C++), Java ... I know a lot of people love Python but for me is a little harder to learn!


So I'm looking something like "pyGame" but for java or for c# ... A library with which I can do almost the same thing i can do with pygame (so .. do more with less code ... and headache).



Answer



Love offers a similar level of complexity as PyGame, though I'm not sure you will find Lua much easier than Python. If you want to just go with something more direct, look for bindings for SDL (SDL.NET for example) for your favorite language, or even just use it directly in C. Many PyGame APIs are just thin wrappers for SDL functionality.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...