Saturday, October 15, 2016

word meaning - What is the sum of money you get when you have done a job for which you were given an advance


Let's say I took on a job, for example, driving a truck loaded with goods from one city to another. When I agreed to do the job I was given an advance in order to pay for fuel etc. And when I finish the job I will receive the rest of the money that we agreed upon.


My question is, what do you call that "rest" sum of money that I was given upon completing the job?



Answer



You could use "the balance".




6.1 The difference between an amount due and an amount paid.
6.2 (in singular) An amount left over.
Half of this sum will come from contracts with the ARU and the Force, and the balance is sponsorship from businesses



So, for your situation:



You will receive an advance of 25% and the balance will be paid on completion of the job.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...