Sunday, October 23, 2016

meaning in context - After how many? Usage of AFTER


For example:


If there are 5 houses in the village and I passed 4 houses and now at 5th house I finally arrived to the destination. It took me how many houses to get there or after how many houses I finally found the right place I had to get to?


After 5 or after 4 houses?


Or another example to understand me:



If I am trying to find the right video or song and I watched already watched 4 videos and now I am on 5th video and that is the video I was looking for.


And someone asks me after how many videos did you find the video you were looking for? Should I say: AFTER 5 videos or AFTER 4 videos?


Or another example:


You have had 3 girlfriends in total. 2 before and now you have 3rd and she is the one you love the most. Would you say: I finally found the right one after 2 girls or 3 girls?


The question is should I count in the one which was considered the right one?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...