Saturday, October 8, 2016

Is there word which is better than the word Among for joining two sentences


Some research suggested that we should sleep seven hours per night. https://www.helpguide.org/articles/sleep/sleep-needs-get-the-sleep-you-need.htm


I have written some sentences in response to the above topic:



Sentence 1: I usually spend 12 hours at home.
Sentence 2: I sleep 7 hours, spend 1 hour on eating and bathing, and the housework and homework occupy the remaining 4 hours.




But I couldn't think of a better word to join the sentences together. I tried to join the two sentences together using among:



I usually spend 12 hours at home. Among the 12 hours, I sleep 7 hours, spend 1 hours on eating and bathing, and the housework and homework occupy the remaining 4 hours.




Answer



You could use a pronoun without any joining word:



I spend twelve hours at home—seven of them sleeping, one eating and bathing, and the rest on homework and housework.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...