Saturday, October 29, 2016

How to implement level transitioning for 2D Platformer (tile-based)


I'm making a 2D tile-based platformer in C++/SDL and I want the player to move to the next level when they run off the side of the level, but I'm not sure how to implement this. I have tried putting colliders on the tiles at the edge of the map but it seems like there could be a better than than designating special tiles.


I wasn't sure what to keywords to search for when looking for a solution so if you can point me to a useful guide that would be great!


I'm looking for something very similar to how Super Metroid handles level changing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...