Tuesday, October 25, 2016

c++ - Using HTML for interface?



The game I've been working on uses opengl/sfml for graphics. I'm currently working on the interface and I've found determining all the proper offsets/positioning etc. to be a pain. To make it configurable, I'll likely end up parsing a making a bunch of xml files to parse that tell my program what images to use/where to position them stc. for the interface.


Since I'm going to need to do that anyways, I was curious if it's possible to embed an html renderer into an app, and have it display over graphics drawn in opengl? That way i could theoretically use html pages to design the interface


If it is possible, how difficult would it be and is it a good idea? are there any projects that do this already?


Thanks



Answer



Try looking at Awesomium - it wraps the Chromium engine in a 3D renderer and HTML UIs are one of their main selling points.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...