Tuesday, October 11, 2016

keyboard - Javascript keyDown - no event approach


I'm making game in JavaScript. I have canvas for drawings and game loop. I'd like to make method readKeyboard, in game loop, to check if there is any pressed key. I don't want to attach event to canvas, because it doesn't fit game loop design. Maybe I should attach this event? What is the best solution?



Answer



You could use a library like KeyboardJS, which will listen the keyboard events and fill an array with the active keys.


In your gameloop:


var activeKeys = KeyboardJS.activeKeys();
if (activeKeys.indexOf(84) > -1) {
// key pressed

}

I also made my own library, which is lighter but clearly less complete than KeyboardJS.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...