Sunday, October 9, 2016

nouns - "A part" or "parts"?


When you refer to a generalized part of a generalized plural noun, should I use "a part" or "parts"?



do you have to use " city names" as "a part/parts" of " commercial addresses"?




This is the only example I could come up with using the "generalized part of a generalized plural noun" formula, so if you have better examples, please help!


EDIT:


Can you help me with the example below, where plural nouns should be used (or at least I think they should be used in this context)?



Please use color names as a part/parts of design titles?



It sounds weird to me, but I can't pinpoint why . Am I misusing plural nouns in this case?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...