Thursday, November 9, 2017

unreal 4 - Making only parts of a mesh destroy in UE4


I am making a 3d, 3rd person shooter game where I want everything to be destructible. UE4 makes this possible by making meshes destructible, but the problem is that when the mesh is damaged, it destroys completely. This is not what I want, I would like to keep the destruction limited to some volume of the mesh proportional to the bullet's size. Also, the ground must be vulnerable to explosives and must crater as a result. I was just wondering if there was a way to limit the effect of the destruction to some part of a mesh only.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...