Thursday, November 30, 2017

Meaning of "any one time"


Please help me with the exact meaning of the phrase "any one time" in the text below.



You don't think he'd had a good look at me any one time and thought the original was even worse than that poor picture, so he backed off?


"Casting away" by Alice Munro




I searched other forums and found out it means "at any given moment" but I think it's not true for this particular context, I think it means "even for once". Am I right?


Thanks in advance.


Edit: I changed the title and content by dropping at because according to snailplane's suggestion, at is not connected with any one time in this context.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...