Wednesday, November 8, 2017

phrase request - What are other ways to say "going down the path leading nowhere"?


There are many good answers in Is there a way to say "go to the path of no way out"?, but most of them imply that the subject is aware of the situation after making the mistake (like "Oh shit! I've painted myself into the corner."). I want to find a phrase or idiom to emphasize the unawareness of getting lost, that they are going down the path leading nowhere. They don't know what they don't know, and without outside help they will keep going, thinking that someday the solution will come. In Buddhism term, they haven't reached nirvana and is still stuck in the samsara.


So far, I only see that "going down the path leading nowhere" is the most suitable. But I'd like to see other options.



Answer






describe a situation where a person who knows nothing is getting advice and help from another person who knows almost nothing




The Blind Leading the Blind by Pieter Bruegel the Elder, 1568


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...