Monday, November 13, 2017

mathematics - Modular spaceship control


I am developing a physics based game with spaceships.


A spaceship is constructed from circles connected by joints. Some of the circles have engines attached.



Engines can rotate around the center of circle and create thrust. I want to be able to move the ship in a direction or rotate around a point by setting the rotation and thrust for each of the ship's engines.


How can I find the rotation and thrust needed for each engine to achieve this?


enter image description here



Answer



I am solved that with local search. It's working, but performance is nearly bad. Maybe it is better to use theoretical mechanics but I do not know it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...