Thursday, January 23, 2020

Difference between cycle and loop


What word of two mentioned above should I use when I mean a map route which begins and ends at the same point?



Answer




Looking at your question, I feel you want to mean that there's a map where you begin at one place and also end at the same.


Cycle does not fit and loop refers more to a shape than what you probably want. Okay...


One of the common words used for this is ...



circuit - A roughly circular line, route, or movement that starts and finishes at the same place



Example of Circuit route


You may also use track but I don't think it starts and ends at the same point whereas circuit does probably because the electronic circuit happens only when it completes its path.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...