Sunday, January 12, 2020

conjunctions - usages of "in case" together with "should"




Here's a contact number, in case there should be a problem.



( I have seen this version in a dictionary )


My own rephrased sentences:



  1. Here's a contact number, just in case there should be a problem.

  2. Here's a contact number, in case there is a problem.

  3. Here's a contact number, in case should there be a problem.

  4. Here's a contact number, should there be a problem just in case.

  5. Here's a contact number, should there be a problem in case.


  6. Here's a contact number, there should be a problem just in case.


It would be appreciated, if someone could throw some light on the differences between these. I need some more detailed information.


Please feel free to ask me any further question.


Many thanks



Answer



Like @JasonPatterson said, points three to six aren't grammatically correct. In fact point six is almost saying "Here is my phone number, I will make sure there's a problem"!


Points one and two are identical in meaning.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...