Friday, January 3, 2020

android - How to capture video of my mobile game?


I've been keeping a blog for my current Android game and as I get closer to an actual playable version of the game, screenshots just aren’t enough to show new progress anymore. What I need is video. The problem is, my game won’t run on the current emulator (uses OpenGL ES 2.0), and my computer couldn’t run the emulator if it wanted to anyways. So desktop video capture is out of the question. The only real idea I have is holding the phone in front of the only video camera I own: a webcam… yeah. Does anyone know a better (preferably free) way to capture video from an Android device?




Answer



Perhaps something like Droid@Screen would work? Here's a video of setting it up and capturing video using CamStudio. Droid@Screen is in alpha, so it might work. Good luck! I'll keep an eye out for those videos on your blog .)


Hopefully your computer can handle that much :/


If your android device is rooted, there's an entirely on the phone option with ScreenCast & Recorder. Here's an article and the android market page for paid and free. Free version limits to 30 seconds of recording.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...