Wednesday, June 3, 2015

porting - What do I need to develop for the Playstation 3?



I made a game, and I want to port it to the Playstation 3. What do I need in terms of hardware, money, licenses and such?



Answer



Are you interested in developing for PSN, or as a retail game that people buy in stores?


To develop for PSN, you'll need to start by contacting Sony and becoming a licensed developer. To develop a retail game, you'll most likely need to contact a publisher who will distribute the game.



In either case, be prepared to demo the game and your company to either Sony or a publisher for approval.


Once you've made this first step, Sony or the publisher will be able to help answer all of your questions regarding getting development hardware, costs, etc.


Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...