Wednesday, June 10, 2015

steam - Is it possible to implement Steamworks functionality in a Java game? How?



I have a basic game that I want to eventually turn into something better. The game is all Java as of right now, but I want to implement the Steamworks SDK into my game (so it can have achievements, and the Workshop, and so on). But Steamworks requires C++. Is it possible to have my full Java game implement the Steamworks SDK without rewriting it in C++? I am currently using the jMonkey Engine 3 for my game.



Answer



It's definitely possible, you would just need to create a thin layer wrapping the Steam SDK (or part of it) to java via the Java Native Interface


I'm not aware of any efforts to have an opensource library for this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...