Sunday, June 21, 2015

xna - Visual Studio 2012 and Game Development



Alright, I think it's a simple question, but I got difficulties to find some answers around.



I already read that XNA wouldn't be in Visual Studio 2012. I recently learned to use XNA, but since I would like to work on games, I'd like to know if there's a way to develop games using C# on Visual Studio 2012, or if I should learn everything again using C++ and Direct3D?


C# is a language I like a lot, so if there's no way to do it in C# but something quite easy to use Java for game development, I'd also be interested.


Thanks a lot!



Answer



Visual Studio 2012 does not work out of the box with XNA 4.0 but there is a workaround but since this still requires VS2010 to be installed as well I would recommend to just use VS2010 since that still works as expected.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...