Thursday, June 11, 2015

meaning - Do you count the current one?


For example, if I had 3 girlfriends before, and now I have 4th one that I am dating and somebody would ask: How many girlfriends did you have / have you gotten?


Would it be correct to count in the actual one while I am still in relationsip? What I mean is it correct to count an event that has not yet been finished?


So would you say: I have had 4 girlfriends or 3 ? Like would you count in the 4th the current one which is still the girlfriend (so she does not belong to past events).


Does somebody understand what I am trying to ask? Thanks for help!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...