Sunday, June 28, 2015

A phrase for describing the reaction of an element to an action


I have this sentence:




In our software we ask the user to specify some elements by clicking on the HTML element



My purpose for the sentence:
Suppose you move the mouse over some elements and the border of each element under the mouse gets highlighted as the mouse enters it.



  • The element is not highlighted before the mouse enters it

  • The element gets highlighted as the mouse enters it


If I say "highlighted element", one can't know if it was highlighted before or it gets highlighted as the mouse enters it.



Which phrase can be used instead of "highlighted" to convey this only-present-not-past-tense relation?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...