Monday, October 28, 2019

word usage - inform about vs inform of



What is the difference between "inform of" and "inform about" ?


Can you give some example sentences which clearly shows the difference.


Thanks.



Answer



I think inform of merely talks about the 'information of something' and that's it!


Say...



I'll have to inform her of Joe's kidnapping



So, here, we are informing her that Joe is kidnapped. And that is all!



On the other hand,



I'll have to inform her about Joe's kidnapping



Means, not only will she be informed that Joe is kidnapped but also the details.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...