Monday, October 7, 2019

2d - Detecting a ledge in Box2D




Possible Duplicate:
Detect Open Space in Farseer
How do I detect ledges?



I'm making a 2D platformer with Box2D. The player needs to be able to grab onto a ledge and pull him/herself up.



Right now I have a sensor that extends in every direction from the upper half of the player's body.


The logic seems simple enough: if there are tiles inside the sensor and empty space above them, then it's a ledge and the game should act accordingly. The problem is that I can't figure out how to implement that logic with Box2D.


Anyone have any ideas?



Answer



What I needed to do was have two sensors. One extending outward of the upper half of the body, one with the exact same dimensions right above it.


If the top sensor isn't colliding with anything, and the bottom sensor is, it's a ledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...