Tuesday, October 22, 2019

deployment - PC game update systems



I've almost finished a PC game (I'm releasing it in a day or two). I'd like a way to easily release patches over the net in case I find a bug in the game right after release, or in case I want to add features later on.


I am using InstallJammer as my install system. Are there good update/patch programs (preferably free) which can check for and send updates to players over the Internet?


For instance, if a player opens my game, the game first starts the update program that checks for updates. If updates are available, it will let the user know where to get it. I can modify the source code to the game engine I own, but I'd prefer not to re-invent the wheel.



Answer




Thanks for all of the help guys, but after some looking around, I found a really good updater. It's called Puchisoft Dispatcher. They have a freeware version, and it is really good for non-commercial projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...