Thursday, October 10, 2019

What vs. Which - correct usage in questions



Today I found myself in a situation that I asked "Which class" to a friend who said that "we are going to the class". Then one of my friends said that I should ask "what class" and another one said both (what class and which class) are correct. Who is right?


This issue I meet often when I'm talking about things, such as:



What day/ which day?


What floor / which floor?


what teacher / which teacher?


What page / which page?


What place / which place?


What line (bus) / Which line?


What /which sentence (do you agree with)?






No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...