Friday, October 4, 2019

meaning in context - during her slot


I read "Losers of the Week" on the Internet, and came across the phrase 'during her slot as guest judge'. I understand what the guest judge means in the context of the TV show 'X Factor'. I have a hard time understanding 'during her slot'. Does it mean something like 'her turn to vote for a performer'?




Former Spice Girl MEL B was booed by an X Factor audience during her slot as guest judge at the talent show auditions. "I wanted to fall asleep", she said to the elderly entrant, which provoked an angry response from the audience.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...