Tuesday, October 29, 2019

passive voice - Being+past participle as a gerund


I've read that 'being+past participle' is used in participle.But I'm confused to have found the following sentences written in one of my grammar book(This book isn't available in internet) as gerunds.These sentences are:




  1. He is afraid of being hated.

  2. I remember being taken to Delhi as a small boy. 3.Being frightened wouldn't solve any problems.



My questions: 1. What's the meanings of above sentences?



2.In which condition this "being+p.p"construction is used as gerunds to make sentences?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...