Friday, May 1, 2015

Will C++ remain viable for game engines in somewhat distant future?



C++11 has opened ways, which were only dreamt by the C++ programmers. It has been three years since I have been learning C++, and I am going well. Now I want to get into video games. Every core of the game code I saw, was monstrously written in C++. My question is - If I get into serious game engine dev, and perfecting it would take, maybe say 10 years, would we still be writing game engines in C++ ?(newer standard)


Or, will John Carmack, write id tech 7 in c++?



note - I am strictly talking about game engines.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...