Thursday, May 7, 2015

verb usage - 'Putting on / Wearing' and 'Taking off' a hat / cap... - Tie &... - Glasses - Jewels and so on


To me, one can ("put on" or "wear") and "take off"all the mentioned items in the subject of this thread; I have made some examples. Please consider them and let me know if my sentences sound incorrect to you. Meanwhile, I think using either 'put on' or 'wear' in these senses do not make any semantic nuance in the sentences bellow; I would appreciate it if you specify the examples where using one of these two mentioned verbs convey a different connotation:



1) Hat / Cap and etc.




  • I thought its cold outside and (put on / wore) my Knit cap; but the weather was good and I (took it off / took off it).



2) Tie and so on






  • Do you know that man who has (put a tie on / put on a tie / worn a tie)?




  • Because of an old habit I (take my tie off / take off my tie) at the time of dance.





3) Glasses






  • It’s too sunny; I need to (put on / wear) my sunglasses.




  • Take of your glasses.





4) Jewels






  • Most of the women love to put on / wear expensive jewels in ceremonies




  • Please take off your jewels.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...