Monday, May 25, 2015

graphics - Any interesting thesis topic?



I study Computer Science at Technical University of Lodz (in Poland) with Computer Game and Simulation Technology specialization. I'm going to defend BSc thesis next year and I was wondering what topic I could choose but nothing really interesting is coming to my mind.


Maybe You could help me and suggest some subjects related to programming graphics, games or simulations? (or maybe something else that is interesting enough :) ). I would be very grateful for any suggestion!



Answer



Few topics come to my mind



  • Fluids simulation: Navier-strokes equations. And gpgpu acceleration (video)


  • Fluids rendering - volumetric raycasting (video)

  • Volumetric rendering - marching cubes (video)

  • Realtime bokeh rendering (paper)

  • Point based rendering (video)

  • Realtime rain rendering (paper)

  • Simple raytracer with global ilumination - propably without accelaration structs.


And the best is contact some computer games/graphics/movie company and offer them to create something they need for free. That have only pluses. You will have hard and interesting thesis ( and prototype ) and some experienced advisor from company who will help you. Don't be afraid to do it. Enthusiasm helps very much in this case. (I know it)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...