Monday, May 11, 2015

copyright - Does it require any license to use a real city landscape in a car racing game?



I'm now planning a casual car racing game that want to model some real cities sight into it. I doubt if there is copyright of the landscape or city planning of those real cities in the world. Can I model such as existing city or I can't?


Thanks a lot.



Answer



You can use OpenStreetMap.org - their license is clear and suitable:



You are free to copy, distribute, transmit and adapt our maps and data, as long as you credit OpenStreetMap and its contributors.



osm2xp is for example using this data for the X-Plane game:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...