Saturday, May 30, 2015

tense - "have read" vs "read" - Is this simple present vs present perfect?



I have read an interesting book yesterday and underlined the new words which are simple but effective.



Present perfect tense specifies an action that has recently finished. The above sentence is present perfect if I am using have (I believe).


But in my book have is given as error and the sentence is corrected by removing have. I believe by removing have we are changing the tense to simple present. But simple present does not indicates an activity that is finished.


I am not sure why have is error in the above sentence. Please suggest.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...