Sunday, December 31, 2017

pronouns - Difference between myself and by myself


Could you please explain me which option should I use?



I would like to have a green house with rare plants from all over the world. I could take care of them (myself / by myself)?




And why?



Answer



They're both correct, but they mean slightly different things.


In "I could take care of them myself", the myself emphasizes that I'd be the one taking care of them, as opposed to someone else. It doesn't really change the meaning of the sentence, it just emphasizes a certain aspect of it.


In "I could take care of them by myself", the by myself means "without help from others".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...