Friday, December 22, 2017

idioms - (Up to / until / by) 50% off



I wonder if someone could tell me which choice works in the following sentence and why the others do not work: (From my point of view, all of these choices work in this context.)



They have great promotion till January 5th......50% off.


a) up to; b) until; c) by




Answer



Up to is correct. your sentence would look like this


They have **a** great promotion, **up to** 50% off.

Meaning on different products, discount is between 0 and 50 per cent.



until is also correct, if you change the sentence a bit, although the context changes.


They have **a** great promotion **from** January fifth, **till** January 8th, 50% off.

the 50% discount is available from January fifth till eighth.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...