Thursday, December 28, 2017

architecture - How to design a replay system


So how would I design a replay system?


You may know it from certain games like Warcraft 3 or Starcraft where you can watch the game again after it has been played already.



You end up with a relatively small replay file. So my questions are:



  • How to save the data? (custom format?) (small filesize)

  • What shall be saved?

  • How to make it generic so it can be used in other games to record a time period (and not a complete match for example)?

  • Make it possible to forward and rewind (WC3 couldn't rewind as far as I remember)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...