Thursday, December 28, 2017

american english - combine two sentence into one sentence


I want to combine two sentence into one sentence. But I'm not sure what whether correct or not.



  1. I have been honeymoon trip to Hongkong.

  2. It was my last trip.



1+2: I have been honeymoon trip (that) was my last trip to HongKong.


Is this correct? Or is there any other options? How about to use 'was' make sentence at #1 instead 'have pp'? I'm not sure what is correct using tense?


How about this for else option, instead #1. 1-1 I did honeymoon trip to Hongkong. 2-1 It was my last trip. 3-1 I did honeymoon trip (that) was my last trip to hongkong.



Answer



Sentence 1 is not correct. It needs "on", or other wording.


I have been on my honeymoon trip to Hong Kong. I was on my honeymoon trip to Honk Kong. I went to Hong Kong on my honeymoon.


Sentence 2 uses "last". Do you mean "latest,most recent", or "last, I will never go again."


Putting the two main sentences together


I have been on my honeymoon which was my latest trip to Hong Kong.


I was on my honeymoon trip to Hong Kong ; it was my last trip. (Fancy semi-colon) On my last trip to Hong Kong I went on my honeymoon. My last trip to Hong Kong was my honeymoon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...