Friday, December 29, 2017

"which" as relative determiner?


Sentence 1: I was told my work was unsatisfactory, at which point I submitted my resignation.


Sentence 2:Sometimes you may feel too frail to cope with things, in which case do them as soon as it is convenient.


I am confused with "which" in the above two sentences. Does it serve relative determiner, rather than relative pronoun? Does "which point" in the first sentence stand for "I was told my work was unsatisfactory"?Does "which case" in the second sentence stand for "sometimes you may feel too frail to cope with things"?


Thank you in advance!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...