Tuesday, October 3, 2017

sentence construction - "As if he knows" vs "As if he knew"


First, here's a material that made me keep thinking about this issue in the first place.


http://www.grammaring.com/as-if-as-though



He looks as if he knew the answer.



He is pretending as if he knew the answer. He is not as smart as he can solve the problem.



He looks as if he knows the answer.




He is a smart enough to know. Many people expect him to know the answer


Am I right to think this way? I'm trying to figure out how to use 'as if' more precisely.


Thanks in advance




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...