Monday, October 9, 2017

mathematics - Best C++ Math Library for Game Engine?




I'm looking for a fast opensource C++ math-library for my game engine with the following features:



  • fast (sse?)

  • vectors

  • matrices

  • quaternions


suitable for both opengl and directx



Answer




XNA Math might be for you. It's a header only C++ math library that is distributed with the latest DirectX SDK and uses SSE intrinsics. I can't talk much about its performance but from what I read about it, it seems to be pretty decent.


XNA Math Reference


XNA Math programming guide


DX SDK download


EDIT: I'm also not sure about the licensing terms. The DX SDK Eula states that "Distributable Code" may not be



"run on a platform other than the Windows, Xbox and Windows Mobile platforms;"



I'm not entirely sure whether this applies for xna math as only sample and utility code is explicitly marked as "Distributable Code"


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...