Tuesday, October 17, 2017

networking - Real-time Debugging Techniques



There's nothing quite like the routine of tweaking a variable, compiling code that takes a few minutes, executing the code, realizing that your tweak was in the wrong direction and repeating the process all over again.


I would like to start interacting with my game logic while a session is in progress. What are some of the ways you've handled doing this?


I would be open to hear solutions for iOS, C/C++ and C#/XNA.



Answer



Just discovered this for iOS Developers -


AsyncSocket
You set up a server in your application and connect to it via terminal. You can then pump over remote commands and start manipulating variables in real-time. Pretty slick.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...