Saturday, October 7, 2017

prepositions - On the question or Of the question?


I hope you people are spending good days. And let me thank you for your kind assistance in advance.


For, example, let's consider I am a questioner at a certain blog.


I am wondering which preposition I should use when I ask a kind of question below.


I would like to make a questions( to potential readers ), like, "Choose the inappropriate synonym or antonym that does NOT match with the word on the question or of the question" ( The word on the question or of the question is described before the sentence above.


I am personally guessing of would be correct. Am I right about this?


And then also, is there any case in which we could use the preposition on? If there were, kindly advise me.


Again thank you very much.



Answer



Since there is a question is given ahead of time the appropriate preposition is




in
Choose the inappropriate synonym or antonym that does NOT match with the word in the question.



For example



Q1. happy 1) laughing 2) crying 3) smiling 4) glad



"happy" (the word in the question) is neither "on" nor "of" the question, but "in" Q1.


You can have a




question on something
question of something



but not



something on a question
something of a question



No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...