Sunday, September 1, 2019

Meaning of "make it that" in the sentence



While I was looking at the data from the Corpus of Contemporary American English. I could hardly understand those bold ones. Could you tell me the paraphrased ones or alternative sentences for those?


(Article 1)


BUCHANAN OK, Jennifer, go ahead GIROUX Yes. All I can say, Rabbi, is, youve got to concede the fact -- and its difficult because we all at times in life have to say, Im sorry, I was wrong -- we can not go back and make it that the Hawaiians killed Christ. Mel Gibson and all Christians...


(Article 2)


You know, one thing about new year's resolutions is that they are so vague, most people's resolutions are so vague and therefore so hard to keep. Have you got a quick comment on that, Denise? AUSTIN Well, first of all, you've got to make a plan. You've got to stick to it. And make it that you have a blueprint. You can't just say oh, I'm going to lose weight.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...