Friday, September 13, 2019

Python library for scripting (C++ integration)


Please advise me good wrapper/library for python. I need to implement simple scripting in c++ app; Under "good" I mean pretty understandable, well documented, no memory leaking, fast. For creating base interface of GameObject on Python and C++; Your own experience and useful links will be nice!!! I found link about it, but I need more specific within gamedev context. What combinations of libraries you used for python integration into c++? For example about ogre-python it said



built using Py++ and Boost.Python library




And one more question, maybe someone of you know how Python was integrated into BigWorld engine (it's own port or some library)?


Thank you!!!



Answer



I see no reason to avoid boost.python in game development. When you create a game, you don't just instantiate some template. You are designing it by yourself so it's of no generic design that some python library could adhere to.


Civilization IV uses boost.python, for example.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...