Tuesday, September 10, 2019

legal - Process of getting DEJUS rating (Brazil)?


I would like to get DEJUS rating for my HTML5 game on the Firefox Marketplace, so that I can tell Mozilla to make the game available to users in Brazil. I want the game to be rated as: Livre (general)


Can non-Brazilian citizens request ratings from DEJUS? If so, what documents need to be provided, and in which language?



What I have found so far:




Answer



My experience:




  • 2012-11-26 CET: I called DEJUS (+55.61.2025-9115), and I was connected to someone who spoke fluent English. Things look good:




    • It is not necessary to be a citizen of Brazil or to have a company registered in Brazil in order to apply for a rating. In this case, I was told, one just leaves the field CPF/CNPJ empty.





    • I asked if it is OK to submit the game synopsis in English: Yes it is!






  • 2012-11-28 CET: I sent the following documents (personal address hidden):



    Destination address:



    Departamento de Justiça, Classificação, Títulos e Qualificação
    Coordenação de Classificação Indicativa
    Esplanada dos Ministérios, Bloco T,
    Ministério da Justiça, Anexo II, Sala 321
    CEP 70064-901 BRASILIA/DF
    BRAZIL




  • 2013-02-01 CET: After asking about the rating the day before, I got an email telling me that DEJUS normally gives no personal feedback. One is supposed to check the rating in the Public Journal, which I was not aware of. In fact, the rating has already been published on 2012-12-24, as requested as livre:






No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...