Sunday, September 1, 2019

Famous games written in Python



I've seen a couple of these, namely Java and C#/XNA...and I've recently been picking up Python. Which kind of made me think.


What (famous) games have been written in Python, with Pygame/Pyglet/Pyopengl?



Answer



Eve Online is probably the biggest, and uses Stackless Python, a lightweight, microthreaded version of Python. And Civilization IV had a Python interpreter built-in, but I'm not sure if that was for scripting only, or how much of the game was written in it.



Also, Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean was written using the Panda3d game engine (which allows both Python and C++ scripting, but from googling it - Disney used Python). The engine is in C++, but then again, the Python interpreter itself also uses a lot of C code. :)


For a long list of games:



which also covers a lot of well-known games, like Mount and Blade.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...