Friday, August 31, 2018

xna 4.0 - Error on new XNA 4.0 game project - No suitable graphics card found


Any ideas on how to fix this? According to what I remember about XNA 3 was that when running the application from scratch, I would get a blue colored windows with nothing rendered.


Any suggestions?


alt text


EDIT!


I right clicked the project and selected Properties and changed the Game Profile from Use HiDef to Use Reach. Now the familiar blue tint window is showing as expected. alt text


What am I losing if I choose the limited API and why did I even have to choose this for it to work?



Answer



To answer your follow up question:




What am I losing if I choose the limited API?



This blog post explains the differences between Reach and HiDef. In a nutshell, the Reach profile does not allow the use of some of the more advanced graphics card features. But it runs on more hardware.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...