Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Using "every"/"each"/"all the" as modifier of uncountable nouns



The majority of patients whish to be given every information about their disease and treatments. Source



Apart the correctness of "whish", which clearly seems wrongly spelled, is it grammatical to use "every information" there?


I ask because elsewhere I read that we don't use "every" with uncountable nouns and, at least to me, "information" seems uncountable in that context; but I might be wrong.


In the same place that I called "elsewhere" before, I read that we should use "all the information" rather than "every information". Is this right? And how about using "each" in place of "every" in the sentence above?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...