Tuesday, August 21, 2018

opengl - How can glass breaking effect from Smash Hit be achieved?



I saw Smash Hit the other day and was amazed by the physics of the game, specially the shattered glass effect:



I've read other posts about this subject but I still feel that they don't share enough details to let me get started on implementing this on my own with OpenGL/GLSL.


Is it possible for somebody with an enhanced perception and graphics understanding to watch the gameplay and give some pointers on how this effect could be replicated?


I rather not use 3rd party physics engine and do the entire thing on my own for educational purposes, so could you mention some of the physics that goes behind this as well?


References to other documents and demos are highly appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...