Saturday, April 1, 2017

flash - How can I make my score-based game addictive?


I need some ideas to make players interested in the game result. Otherwise, the player plays again to get high score. My game is a calculation game that measures the speed of calculations that the user makes.


I added in the result:



  1. The number of right answers

  2. The number of wrong answers


  3. Score of player

  4. High score of all players - "Mochi High score"


What shall I add to entice the player to play the game again?



Answer



A high score list in which player can see their rank relative to other people may give some motivation. I am not sure if this works for your game, but it may be possible to collect stats like total number of right answers summing up all played matches.


If you use an internet based high score list, it may be a good idea to split it into "recent players" and "all times". The standard approach of only displaying a all time list has the issue that it will be really hard for new players a couple of month after release.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...