Friday, March 31, 2017

xna - Do I require a game engine when I want to make a game?




I started making a 2D game in C# and realized that I could also use a game engine or XNA. For the moment everything works fine but I'm afraid I will have problems in the future.


So do I actually need a game engine or XNA? Or will it also works without.


PS: I don't know anything of XNA so I would learn it.



Answer



Game engines are not required! However, since you seem to be new to game development, game engines are highly recommended. XNA will help you by abstracting away a large amount of complex tasks into easy ones. Think of the engine like a set of tools and code that covers all the "standard" game development tasks, so you don't have to re-write something that needs to be written for every game.


Obligatory game/engine advice: Make games, not engines.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Simple past, Present perfect Past perfect

Can you tell me which form of the following sentences is the correct one please? Imagine two friends discussing the gym... I was in a good s...